The Audyssey Installer Program is designed to equip installers with the tools and support to become trusted audio calibration specialists. You will join a team of professional home theater installers with a groundbreaking method of optimizing sound using MultEQ XT room correction technology.
Advanced Calibration for Enhanced Listening
Audyssey Registered Installers can provide advanced room equalization with MultEQ XT installed with the Audyssey Installer Kit and MultEQ Pro Software. The Audyssey Installer Kit comes with professional, pre-calibrated tools for the most accurate room measurements. Our MultEQ Pro Software allows more room measurements and the most precise room correction. In just minutes, calibrate a home theater to standardized target sound curves and set speakers to appropriate level trim, distance and subwoofer crossover settings.
“The result was just astonishing. I mean just night and day. It was worth taking the time to calibrate lots of points. I printed up the curves and my customer got a real kick out of seeing the difference on paper.”
— Joe Tooley, Audio Perfection Inc., West Columbia, SC
Immediately Increased Service Revenue
Every new installation or retrofit job is an opportunity to deliver a professional MultEQ calibration. Provide a Pro MultEQ Calibration on any installer-ready model of Denon, Integra/Onkyo, NAD, Wisdom Audio, or Phase products. Or use an Audyssey Sound Equalizer or Sub Equalizer for even more powerful and accurate room correction.
“MultEQ Pro calibration saves time on the installation. Typically, you need to measure the speaker distances' and use an SPL meter for each of the speakers. All of this is done automatically in a MultEQ Pro calibration. For most installers, that's going to be one of the biggest benefits for them.”
— Art DiScala, BDC Distributors, Westbury, NY
Easy to Demonstrate Results
MultEQ Pro Software lets you perform an A/B demo for the customer and provide an Audyssey Certificate (right) displaying the audible improvement. The certificate details the before and after frequency response graphs for each position where a measurement is taken, crossover frequencies, time delays, level trims, speaker types (satellite or subwoofer), and polarities.
Support from Audyssey
Audyssey cares about the success of our Registered Installers. That is why we provide resources, training, and marketing to our installers. Join the Audyssey Installer Program for instant access to:
- Audyssey Installer Website with resources and downloads
- Dedicated technical support professional
- Inclusion on audyssey.com Installer Locator
- New product pre-announcements
- Dealer promotions
Audyssey Installer Program FAQ
- How do I join the Audyssey Installer Program?
- Authorized dealers can become Audyssey Registered Installers by purchasing an Installer Kit from an Authorized Audyssey distributor. Installers may register their kit to be included in the online locator, access training materials, and purchase licenses for Installer-Ready product calibrations.
- Why should I join the Audyssey Installer Program?
- The Audyssey Installer program is simple and affordable to join, and by doing so, you will be able to provide a value-added service to your customers and add a new revenue stream for your business. Most importantly, you can deliver superior audio calibrations to your customers with the best Audyssey room correction solutions available. Also, we offer our Registered Installers dedicated email and phone technical support, and free advertising and leads on audyssey.com Installer locator.
- How do I sell a MultEQ Pro calibration?
The Audyssey Installer Program is very flexible and enables Installers to sell MultEQ Pro calibrations however it suits their business model. Some installers sell a MultEQ Pro calibration as an additional service on top of the equipment and installation services, priced either as a flat fee or based on number of measurements, time spent on the job, and/or expertise using the software application. Others bundle the service as part of their high-end home theater packages.
The benefits of the Audyssey MultEQ Pro calibration can be heard clearly by discerning customers. When you offer an Audyssey MultEQ Pro calibration, you are offering:
- Up to 32 calibration measurements throughout the room
- Use of a professionally calibrated microphone
- Custom editing of the target curve including midrange compensation
- Measurements saved on your computer as backup
- Improved crossover optimization to provide better blending between subwoofer and satellites
- Customer Certificate that illustrates the before and after results of room calibration
- What products can be calibrated with the Installer Kit?
- The Audyssey Installer Kit is used with Audyssey branded products and Installer-Ready preamps and receivers. Click for a complete list of Installer-Ready products.
- What’s included in the Installer Kit?
- The Installer Kit includes a calibrated preamplifier, calibrated microphone, microphone stand, MultEQ Pro Application CD, mini-XLR cables, mini-XLR-to-RCA adapter, USB cable, R232 cable, and a carrying bag to hold it all.
- What type of training does Audyssey provide?
- Audyssey offers our Registered Installers an Installer portal with access to downloads, user guides, support resources, and marketing materials. We also host webinars for new product training and product updates. Authorized Audyssey distributors also support and train our installers on the Audyssey Sound Equalizer and Sub Equalizer products and proper use of the Installer Kit.
- What is required to calibrate an Installer-Ready preamp or receiver?
- Each calibration for an installer-ready preamp or receiver requires a license. These licenses are purchased directly from Audyssey and are required for every MultEQ Pro Room Calibration performed. An unlimited number of calibrations on the same product can be performed though using one license.
- I am not an authorized dealer; can I purchase the Installer Kit to calibrate my own system?
- Consumers may purchase an installer kit from local dealers or by contacting Audyssey directly if there are no installers in their market. Click to find your nearest Audyssey installer.