- Optimize your system. Every room has acoustical problems that affect the sound quality of your home theater system. MultEQ calibrates your speakers and equalizes your system to optimize the sound for your space.
- Clear, accurate, natural sound. With MultEQ, voice and dialog become focused and intelligible, musical balance is restored, musical instruments and sound effects become precisely localized, and surround soundstage is made seamless and enveloping.
- Equalize in minutes. An Audyssey MultEQ calibration is much easier, faster and more accurate than any manual equalization that simply sets speaker levels.
- Four solutions. Audyssey MultEQ comes in four solutions with varying filter resolutions to meet your needs and budget: MultEQ XT32, MultEQ XT, MultEQ and 2EQ. Learn more
- A key component in your AVR. MultEQ ships as a standard feature in products from many of today’s leading home-theater system manufacturers – be sure yours has it.
Audyssey’s Room Correction Solution
Movies, music and games are created in calibrated and acoustically treated rooms and meant to be played back at high volumes in large, acoustic theaters. But reflections from walls and furniture in home theaters and cars distort sound resulting in muddy bass, degraded high frequencies and surround envelopment. Decades of scientific research have gone towards trying to fix the room distortion problem. At Audyssey, we’ve finally solved it.
Based on 6 years and $6 million of research at the USC Immersive Audio Lab, MultEQ is the key enabling technology that delivers sound amazingly close to the original recording. Audyssey MultEQ is a patented method that measures and analyzes the acoustical space to compensate for distortion. MultEQ evaluates everything that causes distortion: frequency response variations and reflections that arrive at different times. AVRs, theaters, cars and studio equipment outfitted with MultEQ use this information to produce a more accurate tonal balance, better bass and more realistic imaging. MultEQ removes distortion so that every audio system – from budget home theaters to world-class cinemas and cars – sounds amazing.
Flavors of MultEQ
Audyssey room correction technology comes in four solutions: MultEQ XT32, MultEQ XT, MultEQ and 2EQ. While they are all built on the same core science, each is designed to operate within the constraints of the available DSP processing power.
- MultEQ XT32
- Our newest and most accurate room correction solution with more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room’s problems to be captured and corrected. The ultra high resolution filters are applied to all channels including the subwoofers, with the most obvious benefit being heard in the low frequency range where correction is needed the most.
- MultEQ XT
- Our advanced resolution room correction solution with high resolution equalization filters for satellites and subwoofers. Most products with MultEQ XT are installer-ready and can be calibrated by an Audyssey Registered Installer to provide even higher performance for even the most demanding large or odd-shaped rooms.
- Our standard resolution room correction solution that uses mid-level resolution filters for satellites and subwoofers.
- Our basic resolution room correction solution that uses basic resolution filters for the satellites, but does not apply a filter to the subwoofers.
MultEQ Comparison Chart
|Features||MultEQ XT32||MultEQ XT||MultEQ||2EQ|
|Filter resolution (satellites)||512x||16x||2x||x|
|Filter resolution (subwoofer)||512x||128x||128x||N/A|
|Number of Measurement Positions||8*||8*||6||3|
|Adaptive Low Frequency Correction||Yes||Yes||Yes||N/A|
|Crossover, Polarity, Delays, Levels||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
* Up to 32 measurement positions with MultEQ Pro. Most AVRs with MultEQ XT32 and MultEQ XT are installer-ready and can be calibrated by an Audyssey Registered Installer to provide even higher performance for even the most demanding large or odd-shaped rooms. Find an installer near you.